The Unmatched Pairs of Punctuation check examines punctuation characters that should always occur in pairs to make sure that there are no unpaired ones.
Punctuation examined by this check includes parentheses, square brackets and curly brackets.
This check does not check quotation marks.
View and change the list of punctuation
- Open the menu for the project.
- Expand the menu.
- On the Tools menu, hover over Checking Inventories.
- Click Unmatched pairs of Punctuation.
- The Unmatched Pairs of Punctuation Inventory opens.
- Click Options.
- Each pair is listed with the first character, then a slash, then the second character, followed by a space.
- Click OK to save the changes.
- The check will now report every occasion either of these marks occurs in isolation.
Run Check from the Assignments and Progress
To view the issues,
- Click the issue count.
- The list of issues opens or updates an existing list window.
- Double-click an issue to see the problem in context.
- Edit to correct the problem.
- To verify we have solved this problem, click Rerun.
Run Check across a range of books
- Open the menu for the project
- Under Tools, click Run Basic Checks.
- Select the Unmatched pairs of punctuation and the book range you wish to check.
- Click OK.