In this video we learnt to use one of the Spell Check features which is only available in the Wordlist window.
Open the Wordlist
- Open the menu for the project.
- Under Tools, click Wordlist.
- The Wordlist window opens for this project.
- Open the menu for this window.
- Under Tools, hover over Spell Check to view the submenu.
- There are 6 special spell checks listed here, or you can run them all at once.
To use the Common Typos
- Click Common Typos.
- *The Wordlist enters a Spell Check mode showing probable Common Typos*.info
Paratext lists words containing a pattern of letters that was previously corrected in other words, along with a suggested respelling.
- Click on a suggestion.
- Paratext opens the Replace dialog which shows each occurrence of the misspelled word and checks we want to replace it.
- Click ‘Yes’ or ‘Yes to all’ to make the replacement.
To return to normal mode in the Wordlist window
- Click the blue command link Close Spell check (Common Typos) and show all words.
- This switches off the Common Typos spell check.