Project Notes make it easy to communicate with your translation team or translation consultant, or even to make notes for yourself, about day-to-day translation questions, but they are not published.
In this video we will see how to insert notes, choose which part of the verse the note is about, and who it is assigned to, if anyone. We will also learn how to open a previously added note to read it.
Insert a note
- Click the word that you wish to write a note about.
- Click the menu for the project.
- Under Insert click Project Note. OR
- Alternatively, right-click the word and select Insert Note.
- The Note window opens, ready for you to type the new note.
- Type your note
- Click [OK]
- The note is saved and the window closes. A red flag shows in the text.
View a note
- Hover the mouse pointer over the flag,
- A summary of the note is displayed.
See details of a note
- Click on the flag.
- The Note window opens to show you all the details of the note.
Assign a note
You can choose a specific person to assign it to, if needed.
- Click Assign to list
- Choose a team member
- Click OK.
To insert a note in a footnote
- Click the footnote caller to open it.
- Select the word or phrase which you need to discuss in the note,
- make sure you do not include any markers in your selection.
- Right-click and select Insert Note.
- The Note window opens, with the text I selected shown in bold at the top.
Write a note about a whole verse
- Right-click once on the verse number,
- Select Insert Note.
- The Note window opens, with the entire verse shown in bold.